Neighbors harassment

Status
Not open for further replies.

stacynyc

The neighbor below me constantly harasses me. She complaines that I take shower at 2am and that the water noise wakes her up. She complaines that I walk too loud in my apartment and that she can hear me walking, opening my closet door and the draws. She tells me that she can't stand me exercising on the elliptical machine at 6pm because she " thinks that it's the washer machine". She called the management office numerous times instigating them to come in and inspect the apartment. They came in numerous times and found no violations.
Yesterday, I came back from work at 9pm. 10 min after I walked into the apartment, I heard loud banging on my front door and profound curses. When I opened the door I saw my neighbor with her husband screaming and cursing at me that I walk to loud. I told them that they had to leave. I was about to close the door when I realize that my neighbor's husband was holding the door and almost pushed his way into the apartment. I guess I was so shocked that I screamed and pushed the door back attempting to close it. I wasn't able to close it completely for about couple of minutes.
I didn't call the police because I did close the door and wasn't really physically hurt. However, I don't feel safe anymore. Is there anything that can be done? I really don't want to go to courts and I can't move out of the apartment.

You need to immediately report the incident (in writing) with the management office and inform them that you will call the police if another incident happens that involves face to face altercation. Follow up with management to see what actions were taken after they receive your letter registering your complaint.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back