Neighbor Problem (longish)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rob2

I am having a serious neighbor problem. In my neighborhood the homes have alleyways.

The house behind me has a basketball hoop right on the edge of the alleyway facing my driveway and house. In general, basketball hoops are erected on the person's driveway, either at the side of the driveway or between their garages. My yard is where the basketball games are played and my house is hit continuously.

After many weeks of having the basketballs hitting my house with loud crashes, I finally contacted my neighbor to report that their basketballs had broken my security lights and that the noise had to cease. The basketball games can start as early as 6:45 a.m. before school, and the noise happens at different times after the boys return from school. On weekends it continues into the night. Things didn't stop there and I have had to ask them on several occasions to stay off my property.

The woman is enraged at me because of my asking them to stay off my property. Last week she blocked me in with her car (I was in my car in my garage with the garage door opened) and she said, "If it's the last thing I do, I'm going to kill you". I was so frightened that I called 911. The police came but couldn't find her at her house. I did talk later to a detective, who said he wasn't going to bother seeing my neighbor, as she would simply lie.

Yes, things have gotten worse. The boys climb over my fence into my property, throw trash into my yard and pool and the list goes on and on and the basketballs keep banging continuously on my house.

After the death threat incident I am terrifed.

Do I need to see a lawyer, security cameras, no trespassing signs? Any advice to help me with this situation would be very gladly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back