Neighbor keeps scratching my car

Status
Not open for further replies.

darwin23

I live in an apartment and the car next to me has repeatedly scratch my car with her car door. She parks a big dodge ram truck next to my toyota prius and when she opens her car door she scratches my car and leaves white marks on my brand new car. I talked to her about it and she said she'll be careful---but she still havent stopped. Finally i gave her a clear plastic door guard to install in her car so she wont scratch it, but after a week she did not install it. When i talked to her dad (who lives with her), the dad told me that i'm just making it up and she's not really scratching my car...and that i should just contact the manager in order to move my parking space.

I talked to the manager and they told me that they have no other space for me. Now i know for a fact that the people who scratches my car has two parking spaces. I want the manager to move their space next to each other so that they can damage each others car. The manager keeps avoiding me and everytime i leave a message they dont call back. this is going on for a few months now and i'm thinking of taking legal action against them. What should i do?? This is my first brand new car--my old car has also suffered repeated scratches from my neighbor's car, but I let it go because it was an older car. i cant let it go any longer. it comes to the point that i get upset everytime i park my car in the apartment because it seems like the apartment manager is not willing to help in my situation and my neighbor does not care about the damage they're doing to my car.

I'm not a lawyer but I think you should get proof. If the neighbor leaves for school or work or comes home the same time every day, set up a camera to record it. Oh man they'd have to buy you a new paint job! It would be great!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back