Neighbor Issues

Is it illegal in California if a neighbor is caught on a security camera hurling dog feces over the fence and onto the adjacent property?

Maybe, maybe not.

A video alone won't convict a person of a crime.

Is it illegal in California if a neighbor is caught on a security camera hurling dog feces over the fence and onto the adjacent property?

That's vandalism in my book. It's a crime. Report it to the police with a copy of the video. The police probably won't do anything about it. The idea is to get enough incidents on record so that you can file for a restraining order.

I have a neighbor dog that gets my Cattle Dogs wound up. The breed is territorial, they always get the blame for fights.

they will happily shake their dog to death. I spent $15k (we have 5 acres) putting up a fence to keep their dog out. The animal keeps coming inside anyway,

After talking to them several times about it, I started to document conversations, taking them to a third party for documentation (dog warden) purposes.

When that didn't work, Then I began to record conversations on my cell phone, bc they will always say if their dog gets hurt in my yard, then he got what he deserved. Most folks do not know what a real dog fight looks like. I am not paying a $1000 dollar vet bill

Later I began taking pictures of their dog in our yard. Used the zoom to catch the booger in front of a fence post so it is undeniable. I dropped this off at the warden's office too.

So talk to them, document it in front of your camera a few times. Take pics of them slinging poop, take it to the dog warden and ask what to do with it.

Like I said, I will not have anyone blaming me or my dogs for incidents.

There is no law that addresses this.
If it is a big enough nuisance you could seek a cease and desist order.
If you have not already addressed this with the neighbor then that should be your first step.
If they can fling it over a fence they can just as easily put it in a bag.

Back