Harassment, Stalking, Misconduct Neighbor harassment

Goldie531

Jurisdiction
Iowa
We purchased home 4 years ago & get along great with property line neighbors, one problem is neighbors who live approximately 350 feet across street. The married couple from day one during one of their alcohol bonfire parties made it known they hate cats in which we have our cats do not run loose etc. Just last summer during one of their parties the male stated " I'm head of neighborhood vigilante group (looking directly at our home) & I will see to it these fuckers are run out of town." Then last 4th of July shot bottle rockets directly at our home. This guys wife prior secretary for City Attorney, friends with police Sgt who serves as nuisance abatement officer so they claim they can smell litter boxes no one else does including our mail person but because of their pull paying $750 Municipal Infraction Fine plus $85 court fees & told get rid of cats & continual visits from Police Sgt what can we do

what can we do

If I were you, I would pay the fines in full.

I would also remove the THINGS you were instructed to remove by the city.

If you resist, you only make more trouble for yourselves.

You could also move, if getting rid of your cats is too much for you to handle. You'd still owe the fines, though.

Back