Harassment, Stalking, Misconduct neighbor harassment with loud radio, continuous bonfires

Status
Not open for further replies.

rlherring

My neighbor periodically, (when he knows we are home) cranks the radio up loud enough to rattle my windows and for us to hear it in the house. Our houses are on large lots, and the homes at least 150 feet apart. When the weather is moderate enough to sit outside, he burns green wood and palm fronds to create blanketing smoke screens in the neighborhood.
He yells obscenities and calls us "nosy bastards" if look at him in his yard.
Burning landscape debris is permitted unless a drought alert is in effect.
His actions are without provocation - the only rational conversation with him was when he stopped in front of the driveway to ask me to remove campaign signs for a local election last November, because they made him "irate."
I responded that they would be removed on election day.
I can think of no other motivation he could have for his actions.

Am I being denied use and utility of my outside space when his actions render it unusable?
Is it disturbing the peace if I can hear his music blare behind the closed doors of my home?

If you believe the neighbor is causing a ruckus, disturbing the peace; call your local law enforcement agency.
Don't take matters into your own hands, argue with him, or ask him why.
In any situation where you believe the law or ordinances are being broken, always contact your local gendarmes.
Their job, among many other duties they possess, is to preserve the public peace and prevent disorder.

Agree; if he is "disturbing the peace" in any way, contact the police & let them handle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back