Drug Crimes, Substance Abuse Neighbor accusing me of selling drugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dobby06

Jurisdiction
Missouri
My neighbor is claiming that I am selling drugs because she says I have people coming and going, and they only stay for a minute. This is false and this neighbor has been out to get me for sometime now. I called the police one time and she got a citation for peace disturbance. That's just made it worse, of course. If she takes me to court would they subpoena my text messages? Will they search my apt? What will they be able to do to investigate this?

My neighbor is claiming that I am selling drugs

Who, exactly, is she "claiming" this to?

If she takes me to court would they subpoena my text messages? Will they search my apt? What will they be able to do to investigate this?

SHE won't take you to court. All she can do is report her suspicions to the police.

Then it's up to the police to decide what to do with the report.

The police could ignore it. They could investigate. If they found probable cause for a warrant they certainly could search your apartment and get your text messages.

Who, exactly, is she "claiming" this to?

SHE won't take you to court. All she can do is report her suspicions to the police.

Then it's up to the police to decide what to do with the report.

The police could ignore it. They could investigate. If they found probable cause for a warrant they certainly could search your apartment and get your text messages.

She is claiming shes taking me to court for harassment and that I am selling drugs. She has also said I smoke weed bc she can smell it through the walls! We have had issues with her for about a year. She got mad bc the peace disturbance she has to go to court for and she wants to get even.
We've been in this battle for a while. Im not exactly sure where/who she plans to report this to, she just said that "she's taking me to court." But she's a little "challenged." (Im not sure what the correct term would be.)

She is claiming shes taking me to court for harassment and that I am selling drugs. She has also said I smoke weed bc she can smell it through the walls! We have had issues with her for about a year. She got mad bc the peace disturbance she has to go to court for and she wants to get even.
We've been in this battle for a while. Im not exactly sure where/who she plans to report this to, she just said that "she's taking me to court." But she's a little "challenged." (Im not sure what the correct term would be.)

I'd worry more about the police INVESTIGATING her allegations, getting one of your ONE MINUTE visitors to talk, or worse somehow SEARCH the departing one minute visitor and DISCOVER YOU KNOW WHAT!!!!!!

She may be CRAZY, INSANE, or even LYING; but the police aren't STUPID and are VERY CURIOUS.

It might already be too late to stop the TORNADO that could destroy your life, but you can cease and desist, duck and cover, go into your cellar, and hope it all blows away.

Good luck, buddy.

Remember, if one of those visitors was an undercover cop, a snitch, or a cheese eating rat; that could be loads of trouble for you.

Look at why you MUST REMAIN SILENT:

Well, I dont have "one-minute" visitors. Unless I sell something on Facebook sites, they come to my house to pick stuff up.
She says she smells marijuana through our walls. I dont smoke weed. But do smoke cigarettes. Im a quadriplegic and am on pain medication though. I even keep all my medications in a lock box and only my bf and I have a key. However, I dont have use of my hands so I cant open them by myself. Im so paranoid to even fill them bc I dont know what shes capable of doing or saying.
They can search my apt, there's absolutely nothing related to weed or drug paraphernalia in anyway. But she's such a liar so its got me worried she'll make more drug accusations.
If my medication is prescribed than I cant get charged in possession of controlled substance, right?
Im just not sure about what to do and what my options are at this point. Should I get an attorney or wait and see what happens?

If you have legitimately filled prescriptions, and the prescriptions are in their bottles from the pharmacy with your name and doctor's name on them, there should be no problem with that.

I wouldn't worry about the neighbor; eventually, if she calls the police enough, they'll figure out what she's up to and will, too, ignore her. So, it becomes a 'wait and see'.

If you have legitimately filled prescriptions, and the prescriptions are in their bottles from the pharmacy with your name and doctor's name on them, there should be no problem with that.

I wouldn't worry about the neighbor; eventually, if she calls the police enough, they'll figure out what she's up to and will, too, ignore her. So, it becomes a 'wait and see'.

It's the wait and see that I don't like. I can't live my life with this hanging over my head. I live in a small town and have a good reputation. She is slamming my name in the ground.
I have never been in trouble before and the cops know me. As I said before I'm a quadriplegic, due to drinking and driving accident and I go around to schools talking about the consequences of my choices.
She on the other hand has been a nuisance to the apt complex, me and the police.
I'm just worried about my privacy rights I guess. She is manipulative and has a way to make ppl believe her bc she acts like she's slow and doesn't understand. Wh

So, you're going to let this neighbor have space inside your head? Ignore her, ignore her threats and don't worry about what might be or what might happen.

I agree. Develop a thicker skin and ignore her. Unfortunately, with people like that, they continue to do wrong with impunity because they often are already at bottom and have nothing to lose where, when you try to do it right by hiring a lawyer to file a nuisance lawsuit, it just costs you time, aggravation, and money and you'll never see a nickel from her.

Often the best solution to a crappy neighbor is live elsewhere.

You might consider that for when your lease is up.

She's being evicted and says its my fault. Another reason for her to try to get me in trouble. Moving's not an option right now bc I live in a handicapped apt. She's just got it out for me...

Well, she's getting evicted. Soon, you won't have to worry with her at all.

Well, she's getting evicted. Soon, you won't have to worry with her at all.

I heard her telling some lady that she was waiting to report it until she moves. I wish it was that easy. She talks really loud so that I can hear certain things but is quiet when she doesn't want me to hear.
Shes scandalous...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back