1. Free Legal Help, Legal Forms and Lawyers. TheLaw.com has been providing free legal assistance online since 1995. Our most popular destinations for legal help are below. It only takes a minute to join our legal community!

Dismiss Notice

Negligence hospital tort malpractice

Discussion in 'Accidents, Injuries, Negligence' started by Amberspenny, Nov 29, 2017.

1. Amberspenny

Amberspenny Law Topic Starter New Member

Jurisdiction:
    Washington
    How can I file a claim with my hospital, without courts or attorneys

2. mightymoose

mightymoose Moderator

Anything you intend to do against a hospital without legal counsel is doomed to fail, but maybe your insurance company is the way to go?

You'll need to give more information about what kind of claim you at talking about and what you are hoping to gain.

3. adjusterjack

adjusterjack Super Moderator

Easy.

Find out who the hospital administrator is and send him/her a letter saying "I want you to pay me $_______ because ___________.

When you get the response, feel free to come back to this thread for additional discussion.

4. zddoodah

zddoodah Well-Known Member

I haven't the slightest idea what you mean by "file a claim with my hospital." Whatever it might mean, I can't imagine that courts would be involved.

If, however, you want to sue a hospital or other medical provider for malpractice, there is no way to do that other than through the appropriate court (or, if your contract(s) with the hospital/provider so provide(s), you may have to litigate any dispute through private arbitration). You will almost certainly fail if you sue or arbitrate without an attorney.

army judge likes this.