Sentencing, Plea Bargains Need to unseal codefendant's 5k1.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

sacrificialgoat

I need to know what is the procedure to unseal my codefendant's 5k1.1 sentencing documents. I think it might contain exculpatory evidence about me.He was sentencended on 2011. The Government's investigation is no longer ongoing. I was told by my Public Defender that those records are unavailble to me and there is no way I can get access to them.

I need to know what is the procedure to unseal my codefendant's 5k1.1 sentencing documents. I think it might contain exculpatory evidence about me.He was sentencended on 2011. The Government's investigation is no longer ongoing. I was told by my Public Defender that those records are unavailble to me and there is no way I can get access to them.

I suggest you HEED the advice of your public defender.

If you no longer TRUST your Public Defender, or see him or her as a PUBLIC PRETENDER, you can have him or her fired.

You are being tried in the federal injustice system, correct?

He or she can then motion to the court (upon your request) to terminate his/her appointment and request the appointment of another PD to represent your interests.

Generally speaking, it is "possible" for you to access sealed court records to aid in your defense.

That said, it isn't easy, and requires some persistence.

Piercing an organized, legal government conspiracy can be very difficult.

In the federal injustice system, public defenders eat from the same slop trough, as do public persecutors.

Your better strategy might be to request your attorney to sever your trials.

You can be tried alone.

Unfortunately, in the federal injustice system, that can become a bit of a challenge.

I have heard it said, by criminal federal defendants (the feds call them TARGETS), that one is OFTEN better off HIRING his or her own attorney.

Barring that option, some of these TARGETS have told me they keep firing their FEDERAL PRETENDER (their words, not mine), until they get the court to appoint a private attorney to represent their interests.

Try reading these articles.

They will open your eyes to the treachery that occurs in the federal injustice system:

http://chadvancleave.statelawyers.com/?Page=3

http://moritzlaw.osu.edu/students/groups/osjcl/files/2012/05/Hall-FinalPDF.pdf

http://www.nycrimbar.org/members/briefs/Proffers-Naftalis.pdf

Last edited:
I am already tried and sentenced, so it is a bit late to follow your advice. I wish to unseal and read those 5k1.1 records. Do you have any precise advice about how to achieve that goal? Persistent I can be but need to know where to persist.

I am already tried and sentenced, so it is a bit late to follow your advice. I wish to unseal and read those 5k1.1 records. Do you have any precise advice about how to achieve that goal? Persistent I can be but need to know where to persist.

Well, that presents a very big problem for you.

One, the matter has been resolved.

You are now a convicted felon or miscreant.

You need a lawyer.

I suggest you speak with one.

This is NOT a do it yourself project, and it isn't done for free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back