Need to know how to revoke temporary guardianship as soon as possible

Status
Not open for further replies.

adaire987

I am 23 years of age. I have two children. My oldest is 3 and my youngest is 1. My children have different fathers. My oldest is currently with her aunt and uncle under temporary guardianship. I feel that I was mislead in this decision. I had my youngest taken from me by his father a little over a year ago. I will admit after that I was not in the best mental position to take care of my daughter and her aunt and uncle offered to care for her till I could get back on my feet. Later they told me that the only way they could get daycare and help for her was if i signed temporary guardianship. I told them that I felt horrible and that I felt like I was giving up my daughter. In our verbal agreement they said that it would only be for a year. They told me that I was doing what was best for my daughter at the time. I knew she was cared for and I signed the papers. I see my daughter as often as I can which they limit to once a week if I have transportation. I have asked them if I can have overnight visits and they have told me no. The reason is that my daughters father had been in prison since shortly after she was born and has been recently released. I have had temporary custody of her almost her whole life until signing the temporary guardianship papers. The aunt and uncle use the excuse that her father has just gotten out of prison as to the reason I can not have over night visits. Another thing that bothers me is that they have had her calling them mommy and daddy and do not even bother to correct her in front of me anymore. I am very angry and feel that I have been tricked so they could take my daughter. I now have my son back and have had him back for 6 months now. I feel that it is time for me to take my daughter back. I feel that they are brainwashing her and I do not think it is appropriate. Any help in guidance for what I need to do would be appreciated. Also, I have noticed that my daughters current guardian at lietam is on their side and I have not been given information to contact him and I cannot find his information. This also concerns me.

Why is there a GAL involved?

Were social services involved in the guardianship?

There is a reason for my questions :)

My sons father called social services on me. I went through a full investigation and all concerns were unfounded and dropped. The decision of Temporary Guardianship were brought up by the aunt and uncle and their attorney. I think it was filed through civil court. I at the time did not have an attorney and do not as of yet. I dont know why there is a GAL. I was told that it was mandatory?

I do think you should speak with an attorney as soon as possible. Usually with a temporary guardianship it's quite simple for the parent so file in court and have it revoked but in this case, social services have been involved and that tends to complicate things a little.

You can get in touch with the court, too, and look at the file - it will have the GAL's details and you can perhaps contact the GAL.

ok thank you very much i will try this as soon as i can. I know with this situation that time does play a part

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back