Weapons, Guns, Firearms Need some help

Status
Not open for further replies.

taterbug

Can anyone tell me if crimestoppers really takes tips seriously? I emailed a tip in about my exhusband selling drugs out of his house. He is also a convicted felon who possesses firearms. The only reason I did this is because I worry about my kids while they are there. He gets upset and threatens his "customers" on the phone around my kids. I have personally seen and heard all this. I didnt tell crimestoppers I was his ex wife because I didnt want them to think I am some vengeful ex wife. Its not about that. Its about keeping my kids away from that kind of stuff.

Q: Can anyone tell me if crimestoppers really takes tips seriously?

A: Yes.

taterbug said:
Can anyone tell me if crimestoppers really takes tips seriously?
Sure. But, an anonymous tip by itself is legally worthless.

I emailed a tip in about my exhusband selling drugs out of his house. He is also a convicted felon who possesses firearms.
It's possible that the police are investigating. It is also possible that the police are simply shelving the info for future reference. They might not even look into it at all!

The tip does nothing to get them into the house. As a result of the tip they can always investigate further, or, even do a "knock and talk" where they go to the door and ask for consent to come inside and look around. Without proof of wrongdoing, they can't get a warrant and they can't make an arrest on an anonymous tip.

The only reason I did this is because I worry about my kids while they are there. He gets upset and threatens his "customers" on the phone around my kids. I have personally seen and heard all this. I didnt tell crimestoppers I was his ex wife because I didnt want them to think I am some vengeful ex wife. Its not about that. Its about keeping my kids away from that kind of stuff.
Then you can always go to court with your proof and seek supervised visitation or see about mandating drug tests o some other conditions. But, even there, without something tangible a judge is likely to see it as a vengeful act.

In all honesty virtually ALL non-amicable divorce and custody fights end up with dueling accusations of drug use and other criminal activity. It is so common that the police and the courts generally don't take it too seriously.

Perhaps if you hired a private investigator ... ???

- Carl

I cant afford to hire a private investigator but thanks. Right now he has custody of our kids. That was an aggreement we made before I found out about his extracurricular activities. I dont know how to get "proof". I do know he is doing these things. I know he grows pot in the woods behind his house and he has indoor growing stuff too. Other than making a tip to the police I dont know what else to do. I could go back to court to try and get my kids back but they have been living there for a few years now. And I dont have the money for a lawyer and they are in VA. I am in NC. I dont care what he does but I dont want my kids around it. They may not know what daddy is doing but there is always the chance that one of his deals could go sour. I am scared my kids will get caught in the middle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back