need some help

Status
Not open for further replies.

shannaelaine

My ex husband has a daaughter that lives in washington state he is in the military and is in north caorlina right now but getting ready to deploy to iraq. he calls is daughter and the mother rearly answers. we are trying to work things out between us and i have become friends with his daughters mom and we talk and i feel like i am stuck between a rock and a hard place here. It is very hard for him to see his daughter given the circumstances. the mother has a boyfriend and his daughter calls him daddy and everything else, when he called his daughter for her birthday he told his daughter that he loves her and misses her and her reply was i don't love you i love only mommy. We can't hope but wonder what the mother says to his daughter and what she hears. she has told me that she wishes that he would sign over his rights. He has decided to do that and if he does do that by law would he still have to pay child support and how would he go about doing that since child support is filed in washington and he is in north carolina. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Shanna :confused:

Dad cannot sign over his rights unless mom marries this guy and he is willing to adopt. If mom is not letting him see the child, he needs to see an attorney that will help him get visitation. If there is a visitation order in effect and mom is not following it, he can file contempt charges. Signing away rights likely cannot be done right now, he should not let her win at these games. If he has not done anything to help him get visitation that it his fault. If he is in the military doesn't he have access to JAG that can help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back