1. Free Legal Help, Legal Forms and Lawyers. TheLaw.com has been providing free legal assistance online since 1995. Our most popular destinations for legal help are below. It only takes a minute to join our legal community!

    Dismiss Notice

Need legal advice Fraud, Embezzlement, Bad Checks

Discussion in 'Criminal Charges' started by Random internet chick, Feb 5, 2017.

  1. Random internet chick

    Random internet chick Law Topic Starter New Member

    Likes Received:
    Trophy Points:
    South Carolina
    I'm a 51 year old woman living on permanent disability. My husband paid to take me to Europe to visit his family. My daughter has my debit card and was supposed to be sending me my benefits while I'm here. We've had a falling out and she's cleared my account leaving me stranded and refuses to answer my messages what can I do?
  2. Disabled Vet

    Disabled Vet Well-Known Member

    Likes Received:
    Trophy Points:
    Call the bank.... Call SSD.... Change the account and deposit to another account. You can sue your daughter once you return. You can report this thief to the bank.
  3. army judge

    army judge Super Moderator

    Likes Received:
    Trophy Points:

    Next time, take your debit card with you.
    You can use most debit cards in any civilized nation on this planet.
    If yours can't be used that way, secure yourself a card from a bank that allows such transactions.

    I'd also report the thief (daughter or not, she's a thief) that stole your money to the police upon your return.
    I'd also call the bank (that can be done from Europe, so don't wait for your return) and cancel your debut card.
    Have the bank create a new card and send it to you where you are.
    You can also report the theft to the bank, and you might get all of your money refunded.
    Random internet chick likes this.

Share This Page