Need landlord to address smiell in building

Status
Not open for further replies.

cecevirgo2007

I'm 2 months into a commercial lease and I'm already having issues with my landlord correcting a sanitation issue. I've brought it to his attention several times. When I open my store, there is a high septic smell that takes over the entire building. Before I signed the lease, there was a heavy mold smell and I noticed a section of mold in the back corner of the building. He told me the previous tenants were cooking back there not to worry about it. After I signed, I noticed he sprayed something shiny on the wall over the spot. Eventually the mold smell went away after painting, carpet cleaning, etc. Not long after, I started smelling a heavy septic smell that would come and go especially when the AC was on. I complained several times, he sent 2 unlicensed so called plumbers and I called a professional plumber. None were able to identify the cause of the odor. I've gotten the landlord to cut the wall where the mold was and he's denying that something is leaking but my husband examined the area and said the wall on the other side was soaking wet. I need this resolved. I run a service business and I don't want to lose my customers over this. What can I do to make him take further action? Who can I call? I have a feeling he's going to start ignoring me since he's denied there's a leak and won't admit that he smells it when everyone else is smelling it.

Smith

If you have not put your complaints in writing then you have not notified the landlord of the complaint. Read your lease and follow the rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back