Criminal Law need information on chances of deportation.

dallastexasdoro

my boyfriend has been in trouble with the law a couple times, but this time was serious, he has a few drug charges and has been in Dallas county jail since June 2014. he took a plea bargain and is now serving a remaining 180 day sentence concurrent with back time included... what does that mean exactly? he also has a charge that says illegal alien and hold for immigration... he is a permanent resident... but does that mean that after his sentence he will be deported? we have a daughter, if he is at risk for being deported, is there ANYTHING we can do??

my boyfriend has been in trouble with the law a couple times, but this time was serious, he has a few drug charges and has been in Dallas county jail since June 2014. he took a plea bargain and is now serving a remaining 180 day sentence concurrent with back time included... what does that mean exactly? he also has a charge that says illegal alien and hold for immigration... he is a permanent resident... but does that mean that after his sentence he will be deported? we have a daughter, if he is at risk for being deported, is there ANYTHING we can do??

As is often the case, you've probably been used, victimized, deceived, and abused.
Your child is suffering the same fate.
Most of the time, criminals lie to a woman or a man to get sympathy, money, a free place to squat, free hot meals, a free car to use, some free lovin', and other free stuff.
It's very likely you only know 20% of his story.
You see, they tend to leave out the bad stuff, like rape convictions, maybe a couple murders, drug abuse, domestic violence, proclivity for affairs, etc...
Think of it this way, as long as he's locked up, he can't hurt you or your child.
But, hey, what do I know, huh?

Back