1. Free Legal Help, Legal Forms and Lawyers. TheLaw.com has been providing free legal assistance online since 1995. Our most popular destinations for legal help are below. It only takes a minute to join our legal community!

    Dismiss Notice

need info on what to do on a judgement

Discussion in 'Other Family Law Matters' started by butterflies1711, Jan 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. butterflies1711

    butterflies1711 Law Topic Starter New Member

    Likes Received:
    Trophy Points:
    my ex husband agreed on our marital agreement of our divorce that he would
    pay the complete balance of two credit cards that are in my name only.
    the amount of $12,600 is still, after 1 yr have not been paid and he has told the magistrate that he will not pay it. the magistrate told me that i was now responsible for the minimun payments(which he had been covering till our last courtdate) and that i was now able to set a judgment against him. i am awaiting no later than next week the final findings from the court.
    what do i need to do next in order to, if possible collect this money some how. he has a mortgage on his house, a loan on his truck and motorcycle. he owns alot of mechanic tools and some electronic equipment. can his wages be garnished ?

Share This Page

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.