Need help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

a1wortham

My wife has a prescription drug problem. She has been in 2 car accidents in the past 5 months with my children in the car. In the first accident she was forced to go to a mental institution by the sheriffs dept, due to the fact that she was under the influence of prescription drugs. She was in the institution for about a week. The second one was today. She backed up so far in the car was that she hit the dial pad. Children once again in the car! No law enforcement participation today. Things have got to the point where I want a divorce. She is not stable enough to raise our children. She has put them in danger twice. I know that traditionally the mother get's custody of the children but she can't take care of them! I just don't know what to do next.

You file for custody. If she was in an accident with the kids in the car and she was under the influence of drugs, then you call the police. It is not true that fathers rarely get custody. What happened with the first incident with the kids? Was she convicted of anything? You should contact an attorney. You need to see if you can get mom banned from driving with the kids inthe car, or get her supervised visits only.

i would say that a divorce would add a lot of stress and probably exacerbate her drug problem. This does however sounds like child endangerment and you may want to file a police report. It sounds like you are using this as an 'excuse' though; is divorce really in your childrens best interest? or yours (its ok if its yours, but lets see it for what it is)?

if you are sincere about your childrens best interest, call the county and get a social worker out, try to prove your wife has endangered the kids, and get a judgment that requires her to be supervised, or take a drug test, or uses the law to help her get cleaned up.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back