Need help with shared parenting

Status
Not open for further replies.

nightnurse246

My ex husband and I have shared parenting. I am residential parent. We set up our parenting the way we did because I work nights and he works days. We did this when we were married to keep our children out of day care as much as possible. When I work they are with him and during the day they were with me.Thy are older now and he has remarried . He changes things in our parenting plan on quite a regular basis with no communication or agreement from me. His situation has changed some. He is wanting to have the children get on the bus from his place in the morning. He wants them to stay there during the day if school is cncelled for some reason like weather even though he won't be ther. He thinks they should stay with his wife instead of being home with me. His situation has changed some but I am their mother and I feel they should be with me. He changes things all the time to fit his and her schedule. They both have had 4 different jobs this past year with different schedules. His issue now is that he can't provide the transportation home in the morning as we agreed upon. He traded his truck in for a motorcycle for her and her schedule she has the car in the morning so all he has is the 2 motorcycles there and no way to get the kids home. He is trying to tell me that the childrens needs have changed when in fact it is his and her needs that have changed.
Does any one have any suggestions for me?? Please help.

You are obligated to follow the decree until you go to court to change it.

If you have shared parenting now, the courts are going to be VERY reluctant to change it. It really does not matter if his wife will be home with the kids, he can technically do whatever he wants with them on his time.

If you want a modification to the custody and visitation, you will have to file it in court.

Do you mean the court is reluctant to change what we already agreed upon or custody?He is not following our decree and he is attempting to have his new wife keep the kids on my time. He continually does not bring them home at the ordered time and does not communicate any of this with me. How does the court enforce this?
Thank-you for the response.

I'm not sure I understand your shared parenting thing. My ex and I have shared parenting also and ours is what the state allows. He gets the kids every other weekend and on every other Wednesday after school until 8pm. He can't allow the kids to stay with his wife when they are suppose to be returned to you. Unfortunately you will have to go back to court to tell the judge he is doing this and the judge will tell him he has to return them when he is suppose to return them.
If your papers say that he gets them every other weekend, then I would only let him have them then since he is causing problems and have someone else stay with your kids while you are at work if that is possible.

I just wanted to add that sometimes parents go to the police if a child is not returned when they are suppose to be and if you show them your papers they can help. Don't know if you want to go that route but you might want to look into it and ask them what they can do to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back