Roomate Need help with joint

Raybug21

Jurisdiction
Ohio
Hi, definitely could use some answers soon. Me and my boyfriend decided to get an apartment two months ago, we are both in the lease we are having a lot of disagreements and arguments. I am trying to get off the lease, just wanting to know when and if I do get my name off the lease if he cant afford the apartment for some reason and gets kicked out will that fall back on me? Or does it all go on him now that my name is off the lease

Hi, definitely could use some answers soon. Me and my boyfriend decided to get an apartment two months ago, we are both in the lease we are having a lot of disagreements and arguments. I am trying to get off the lease, just wanting to know when and if I do get my name off the lease if he cant afford the apartment for some reason and gets kicked out will that fall back on me? Or does it all go on him now that my name is off the lease

You must make sure your landlord does MORE than JUST take your name off of the lease.

In addition, make sure your landlord gives you something in writing, signed by you and your landlord absolving you from any further financial responsibility in regard to the lease.

It may include words such as for $300 (whatever amount) Luxury Apartments releases Roxie T. Rentress from all financial responsibility and further obligation for the premises at 123 Big Shot Lane, Millionaire City, OH.

The LL probably has a form or a letter, just make sure you ask for it, and get EVERYTHING agreed upon in writing, dated, and signed by you and the landlord or her agent.

Without anything in writing, your name may be off the unit, but your butt will still get burned.

Back