Alcohol & Drugs: DUI, DWI Need help to fight DUI

Status
Not open for further replies.

bubun222

Posting it for a close friend, who unfortunately had a DUI at Santa Clara. Saturday night around 2 a.m., he was returning from a friend's place where he had a couple of drinks, but became quite sober before driving. He had a lot of work pressure during the day, and was damn tired. Probably the car might have been a little unsteady once or twice, and the cops caught him. He read 0.10.

My friend has very high blood sugar, that might have been one of the reasons for the high reading (the ketones, probably). Otherwise he behaved real good, did nearly everything perfectly he was ordered to. But still, there was a case, and he needs to find a good attorney.

If you are aware of any good DUI attorney in Santa Clara/San MAteo/Alameda county, please let me know. Also, I'd like to know what you think on this case. Let me know if any more detail is needed.

We are unable to give a referral to any individual attorney. He can probably get a referral from his local or state bar assoc. He might want a traffic law attorney. The attorney should be able to answer any questions your friend might have & what he might be able to do for him.

Certainly, it's a tough to contend with DUI or DWI charges. It may result in a lot of negative repercussions and it should not be taken casually. Probable penalties for DWI or DUI court cases could include cancellation of driver's permit, compulsory installation of ignition interlock system, settlement of substantial fines, imprisonment and community service.

Chances are that he did not do nearly as good with the sobriety tests as you think. The argument you make here will go nowhere. He simply did not wait long enough and should not have been driving.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back