Sex Crimes, Sex Offenders Need Help Quick (Restraining Order)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BNB010

I have a friend, whose Mother doesn't approve of her spouse. My friend is 16 years of age, and her spouse is 20 years of age. Her Mother knows that they are intimate, but can't do anything since she is at the age of consent. Since her Mother couldn't charge him for Statutory Rape, she decided to put a Restraining Order against him. It has only been in effect for a few days, but my friend believes she might be pregnant by her spouse. Now I have a question:

If my friend ends up being pregnant, could the Restraining Order be taken off so the Father could have Parental Rights?

BNB010 said:
I have a friend, whose Mother doesn't approve of her spouse. My friend is 16 years of age, and her spouse is 20 years of age.
Spouse?!?

If they are legally married, then mom cannot do anything about it (and they likely had to get mom's consent for that - unless mom has no legal say in her life for other reasons). A person CAN have consensual sex with their legal spouse.

Her Mother knows that they are intimate, but can't do anything since she is at the age of consent.
If they are legally married, of course she can't.

Since her Mother couldn't charge him for Statutory Rape, she decided to put a Restraining Order against him. It has only been in effect for a few days, but my friend believes she might be pregnant by her spouse. Now I have a question:
What judge would issue a restraining order against a spouse at the request of the mom?

Are their allegations of abuse? Neglect? Other crimes?

If my friend ends up being pregnant, could the Restraining Order be taken off so the Father could have Parental Rights?
It might be modified, but that would be up to the husband to try.

So, care to elaborate what is REALLY going on? Are these two REALLY married? What state are we talking about? How did they get married if mom did not approve??

- Carl

Okay, HUGE difference!

If he has a restraining order against him, then he cannot violate it without risking jail. If daddy-to-be wants to be responsible for the baby, then he can go get a job and then go back to court and explain how he will be a responsible parent and provide for the child. A judge isn't just going to lift the order so that they can play house again.

Mom is responsible for the girl until she is 18. Now she might be responsible for the girl AND a baby for at least two more years. When the girl turns 18 she can go live with the boyfriend. Until then, he can either comply with the order, risk jail and break it, or he can try to go to court to lift it. However, if the mom was clear and truthful as to the reasons for the order, and it was still granted, then it's doubtful that it will be lifted until or unless circumstances change.

I hope he's ready to be a dad, work hard, drop any partying, playing, or going out with the guys so that he can support the child, because that will be his life soon enough.

Does he live on his own? Have a good job? Behave in a mature and responsible manner (i.e. no heavy drinking or partying, gets to sleep at a reasonable hour, avoids drugs, etc.)? If the answer to any of these is "No", then he had no place sticking his widget into places it shouldn't have been in the first place.

- Carl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back