Domestic Violence & Civil Orders Need help or information

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lizzie_1414

Jurisdiction
New York
As of now I'm in Washington state . I can never be myself . I've been offered counselling but justbso caught up with school and work. I'm 19 . And from 2012 to 2014 I was abused by ex boyfriend which layer on lied to me about his age . I was 15 and clueless . Didn't know what to do my mom was going through a divorce she didn't know how my situation was . But going further I was a minor . I'm not sure how he isn't facing jail time even after other incidents with girls. But I didn't know he was already past 18 . Yet he manipulated me . Went through my phone at the time and got access to my social media who knows what he posted.. He used to take pictures of me without my consent , tried to force sex with him. Of course I sent him nudes before .However , I didnt know what I was doing at the time ... i felt lonely scared . Confused . Would always cry . Didn't want my mom to see me with bruises . She always thought I was brave and I still am. Main thing right now is what should I do ? He won't remove those innapropriate pictures from his Google + that he took of me . I feel like hell black mail me . I know I was a minor back then but now I just don't know what to do. I feel like I have injuries . Or PTSD I have a caring boyfriend but I just get mad episodes and flashbacks.

As of now I'm in Washington state . I can never be myself . I've been offered counselling but justbso caught up with school and work. I'm 19 . And from 2012 to 2014 I was abused by ex boyfriend which layer on lied to me about his age . I was 15 and clueless . Didn't know what to do my mom was going through a divorce she didn't know how my situation was . But going further I was a minor . I'm not sure how he isn't facing jail time even after other incidents with girls. But I didn't know he was already past 18 . Yet he manipulated me . Went through my phone at the time and got access to my social media who knows what he posted.. He used to take pictures of me without my consent , tried to force sex with him. Of course I sent him nudes before .However , I didnt know what I was doing at the time ... i felt lonely scared . Confused . Would always cry . Didn't want my mom to see me with bruises . She always thought I was brave and I still am. Main thing right now is what should I do ? He won't remove those innapropriate pictures from his Google + that he took of me . I feel like hell black mail me . I know I was a minor back then but now I just don't know what to do. I feel like I have injuries . Or PTSD I have a caring boyfriend but I just get mad episodes and flashbacks.

Your story saddened me.
I hope my response will brighten your day.
First of all, it is NOT too late to report what that creature did to you.
No need to reveal any more details here, I get it.
You will need to tell those horrible things to the detectives who will see to it you get justice.

I suggest you contact local law enforcement where you are located today.
Ask them if you can report sustained sexual abuse you suffered as a child between the ages of 14 to 16.
That will start the ball rolling, I hope.
The detective you speak with will advise you what can be done where you are, hopefully contact his/her NY counterparts, or direct you to do so.

Either way it is not too late.

Please hold on a few more hours, or go tonight, RIGHT THIS VERY MINUTE to the nearest police station and say, "I need help. I was sexually abused for two years starting at age 14 in NY state."

PLEASE, do me a favor.
Let me know what you decide to do, and keep me posted as the days pass.

God bless you, and there is help out there, you just have to get the ball rolling.

Don't wait, don't put it off, because if you do; it'll be too late to do anything to your sexual abuser.

Plus, you can eventually sue him civilly, and obtain a money judgment against him.

God bless.

Under New York law, victims of sexual abuse have until the age of 23 to bring either criminal charges or file a civil lawsuit against their alleged abusers.

I agree.
Do one of two things.
1. Go to your local police station during regular business hours and ask to speak with a detective regarding juvenile sex crimes or domestic violence. This could fast track you past the beat officer and keep you from having to repeat your story to many people.
2. Contact a mental health crisis center and ask for help/support in making the report if you feel uncomfortable about doing it alone. They should be able to put you in contact with someone who is trained to help you through such things.

What you should not do is continue to keep this to yourself.

The OP is a vague about what actually happened to her besides "bruises". She said he tried to force her into sex as if the sex didn't actually occur.

Also, she didn't say where the monster is living (NY?) and I'm assuming the events occurred in New York.

Your story saddened me.
You will need to tell those horrible things to the detectives who will see to it you get justice.

Ask them if you can report sustained sexual abuse you suffered as a child between the ages of 14 to 16.
The detective you speak with will advise you what can be done where you are, hopefully contact his/her NY counterparts, or direct you to do so.

Please hold on a few more hours, or go tonight, RIGHT THIS VERY MINUTE to the nearest police station and say, "I need help. I was sexually abused for two years starting at age 14 in NY state."

PLEASE, do me a favor.

God bless you, and there is help out there, you just have to get the ball rolling.

Don't wait, don't put it off, because if you do; it'll be too late to do anything to your sexual abuser.

Plus, you can eventually sue him civilly, and obtain a money judgment against him.

God bless.

Under New York law, victims of sexual abuse have until the age of 23 to bring either criminal charges or file a civil lawsuit against their alleged abusers.

Thank you for the adv
Your story saddened me.

PLEASE, do me a favor.

God bless.

Thank you for your response I will keep in touch busy at the moment . I'M gladly keeping in touching with another victim taking him to court monday see how that goes . He denied rehab and his attorney keeps extending the date for him to appear.

The OP is a vague about what actually happened to her besides "bruises". She said he tried to force her into sex as if the sex didn't actually occur.

Also, she didn't say where the monster is living (NY?) and I'm assuming the events occurred in New York.

I'm sorry if the post is a bit iffy , while I wrote this I was rushing and shaking , we eventually had sex afterwards , sometimes he would be intoxicated and when I say no he would try to hurt me . There was no one to help me not even his family that would only watch him elbow me in the face . When he bruised me up he never let me leave until I healed . His mom would tell me if I try something she would get my mom locked up. I can't continue the events . But so managed to escape . He would still kind of stalk me put me down , call me fat make me feel lonely and insecure . I left to Washington state with a chipped tooth and broken nose . Though it was for a fresh new start my mom helped me at the end . Friends ? I could care less . I did it and I'm free now . Love life right now . I just feel like everythingisnt right yet .

Llizzie, whatever else you do, please contact a counselor. Anyone who's been abused in any way needs that kind of help recovering.

In the end it's up to you to get your life back on track. So MANY people go thru bullcrap in their life. So your not alone in this issue. It's time to see who you really are by pulling yourself together. Set goals in your life and bust your butt to make them. Your alive so it can be done if you put your mind to it. The past is the past and shouldn't defind who you are today. It should make you stronger knowing that you pushed thru it. I just told my daughter this yesterday.... Right now this very minute there are military personel that are fighting for their life. So there is nothing that should hold you back from doing things. If these 17,18,19 year olds can make it thru their military lifes you can to. Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back