Alcohol & Drugs: DUI, DWI Need Help on new Utah law

Status
Not open for further replies.

beckerboo05

Someone I know blacked out and wrecked his new truck, and instead of getting medical help, he was arrested, given a blood test for drugs, and given a DUI because he had THC in his system from a couple of weeks before, and they are saying it is perfectly legal to charge him with DUI because of some new law, please tell me there is some way to fight this.

Thank you:confused:

Someone I know blacked out and wrecked his new truck, and instead of getting medical help, he was arrested, given a blood test for drugs, and given a DUI because he had THC in his system from a couple of weeks before, and they are saying it is perfectly legal to charge him with DUI because of some new law, please tell me there is some way to fight this.
Fight what? I don't know the law you are talking about and it sounds like the person you know was driving under the influence of something and is likely to get no sympathy for good reason. Would your feelings about justification for driving in an impaired condition change if, as a result, a child was killed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back