Personal Bankruptcy Need Help not sure if this is where to post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reesesgal

:confused: My husband and I filed Bankruptcy last October and it was discharged on February 1 ,2006. we thought everything was done and over with except clearing up our Credit Reports. We received a gas bill which we called and asked to have shut off in November. They never shut it off as we found out the other day, they transfered his account when they found out we put it in the Bankruptcy. Could not figure out how there was gas being used, When we called they said he is responsible for the bill since the house is in his name. There has to be electric on if someone is using the furnace but the electric company said they can not tell us if there is electric on there.
I called the Loan Companies Lawyer since this house was included in Bankruptcy we thought from our understanding that we were giving the house up Deed in Leiu of foreclosure since we were asked by our Lawyer when we could be out so they could take possesion of the house so the company could go in secure the property (The Loan Company's Lawyer contacted our Lawyer to find this out). We were completely out the weekend of Thanksgiving. Know they say we need to go through A realator to do a quick sale in order to get rid of it. But they also say we can move back in till it goes through foreclosure even though they secured the house. I called our lawyer and he pretty much blew me off since it was all done with. Can someone please advise us on anything what to do or our rights. We are really confused. PLEASE HELP if you can.
Thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back