Need help getting my niece back!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeamy323

I need help!!!!
My niece was removed from her mother's care in October of 2006. She has been in Foster Care since then. I am being denied placement for her because of Past history with the cabinet of Social Services. I was told i was denied due to 4 neglect charges on my record. I have since then, through the process of filing for open records, I discovered that I only have one substantiated charge against me from eleven years ago. When I was 18 years old. I am 30 now and a mother of 3 healthy happy children. Now they are saying that I can't have my niece because I knew about her being abused and this is not true. I have talked to several different Social Workers and all of them have sent me on wild goose chases through records and information. I have been there for this baby since birth and it is detrimental to her to be away from me. I need some real legal advice. Please Help me!! I don't want this child to grow up not knowing who her real family is. We need her back in our lives. All comments are welcome!!!
Thanks

What state did this happen in? How old is the niece in question? Where do you live in relation to where the girl's family (mom ... and dad?) live?

- Carl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back