Naturalization, Citizenship Need help for Citizenship application

Status
Not open for further replies.

citizenship

Hi , i am planing turn my N400 in but before i do that just need help , first of all there is incident happened 5 years ago between me and my wife and end up in court . i paid $500 fine it was Misdemeanor C . no jail time or probation just $500 fine . and it was exact 5 years ago . so since there is Good moral character period of 5 years after the offense i wait until i finish this time and now i want to apply for citizenship . i went to court house and get my disposition to include with application . i was wondering what else i have to include with my application ? tax papers ? or anything would help me need advice please i just want to know what is my chance to be a American citizen . that is the only offense in my record nothing else .

Best Regards,

I think you may need to be fingerprinted. Here is a link to the N400 Application for Naturalization which is rather detailed.

With regard to the misdemeanor, if the offense is punishable with under 6 months imprisonment then I believe the offense is deemed a "petty violation." I'm not sure if it is a "crime of moral turpitude" and I'm guessing that as a Class C it probably isn't. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back