need help collecting

Status
Not open for further replies.

ftwal777

hello i won a small claims case in ny and i need help trying to collect the guy/buisnees refusses to pay me...what can i do and how may i go about finding his or his buisness bank account info to forcfulably collect any ideas or info would be great thanks

hello i won a small claims case in ny and i need help trying to collect the guy/buisnees refusses to pay me...what can i do and how may i go about finding his or his buisness bank account info to forcfulably collect any ideas or info would be great thanks

Congratulations on winning your case! :D Unfortunately, this is where the law doesn't help you and I find it troubling. You'll probably do well by speaking to the county clerk who can assist you with obtaining information subpoenas (with restraining order) for his bank account. Try to find out as much information about the person as well as the banks where you believe he may have money. When you've filled out the forms, the clerk should help you and it shouldn't cost you much (a dollar or two per). Make sure to bring in your judgment. There are some other methods as well but I'll discuss those later. Make sure that you have sent a demand letter to this person first, certified mail along with a copy of the judgment and referred to in your letter, before going to court to obtain the information subpoena. This is an instruction that is probably contained on the back of your judgment form from the court as well as any other rules before you can expect to get help with "execution."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back