Need Attny Help in Orange County Ca.

Status
Not open for further replies.

shellyshere

I was forced to sign my divorice papers. and I tried to get a lawyer but couldnt afford one. I was married to my ex for 17 and a stay at home mom. In the divorice I got nothing. Well i started talking to friends found out he couldnt force me to sign and I could have the judgement aside. Well I did all the paperwork my self and the judge set aside the judgement well my ex has a lawyer and I still cant afford one he makes 11,000.00 a month and I got the judge to to give me 3300.00 for spousal and child support. but he says I owe him money from like a year ago and takes out a 1100.00 a month. and his lawyer says we have to split assets except for the house from the time we split up in 2004(didnt get div til 2009) but the house is to be split up as of now . there is so much that is wrong and I am over whelmed. Can some one plz help me find a lawyer who plz take my case on a contingency or even pro bono?

You probably will not find an attorney on here you really need to call around. I doubt one will take this pro bono. If you have any equity in the house you might be able to pay attorney out of that. You might be able to file contempt orders on your own. Your ex cannot just deduct the spousal and child support. During your orig divorce I'm surprised the court did not award you legal fees. Is he paying anything right now? Splitting assets is normal on a community property state.

What exactly are you wanting?

I want half of everything . we never went to court he filed all my papers for me!. It was a controlling marriage but I finally woke up and wasnt going to let him control me no more. I want my 3 boys and half The house ,the saving ,his 401 k , and his military retirement . and spousal support! I basically want what I helped him get!

I want half of everything . we never went to court he filed all my papers for me!. It was a controlling marriage but I finally woke up and wasnt going to let him control me no more. I want my 3 boys and half The house ,the saving ,his 401 k , and his military retirement . and spousal support! I basically want what I helped him get!

How exactly did he force you?

This is important - it will influence whether or not you can have your divorce decree amended or voided.

He would not let me leave the house with the papers to take to someone to read and I was told I could not leave the house til i signed them!

Does the house even have any equity in it? If there is no equity, you do not get half of something that does not exist. Just becasue you want everything does not mean you will get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back