Overstay, Illegal Status Need any advice on my status

Status
Not open for further replies.

darcywillard197

HI, hoping someone out here might be able to help answer a few questions for me. I flew over from canada to visit 10 years ago and after getting my devorce in canada resolved i ended up getting married to a woman here in the states in 1999 and after 3 years of being married we had our daughter and after 6 years i am seperated an in the process of getting devorced but have sole custody of the said child due to mother becoming homeless and not being able to provide for her child and conditions the house was in. She never filed the proper paperwork for a fiance form or k1 and yes if i try to go back to canada would cause great hardship as i try to let the mother have open access to the child for visits but i need to figure out how i am suppose to get my work visa ect as to add to my delema i got a letter today from pendot stating my drivers licence has been cancelled due to no valid SSI #. i had to surrender my canadian licence and get a valid PA licence using my canadian id to do this. but now that comes up as invalid SSI and i do have an ITIN # but that is it so far......any help on any of these problems would be helpfull as i am starting to feel backed into a corner and only have my childs welfare at heart . Thanks to anyone who replys back

This is a job for a qualified immigration lawyer - check out the Bar Association Website. I feel that you should not have any probs in getting the appropriate visa as all migration law has the best interests of a child in mind when it has been drafted. All you need to do is fill in the appropriate forms with the help of a Lawyer - it may require you to leave the country breifly in order to enter legally on your new visa. As for the driving license issue - you may need to go back to canada to have your old license reinstated but I would check with the relevant roads and traffic authority to see if you could reinstate it on line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back