Need advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

sxemama

Hi, my father had cancer and passed away in 2002, and I was wondering what I need to do to find out if he had a will, or who the beneficiary was. I know he had life insurance, a 401K, and stock. He told me before passing that he would make sure that it would be divided, and I that I would have money for college when I turned 18, (I was 16 at the time). I'm 20 now, and still have not heard or recieved anything.

I have 3 older half sisters. They (including his ex wife) came into his home where I was taking care of him and moved him into their house two weeks before his death. They have not spoken to me since the funeral. I tried contacting them a while back, and one of them finally got back to me. Needless to say, she was very rude and said I didn't deserve anything, and then she went on to say that there wasn't any money. I mean, they all got trust funds for college, and my dad bought them all vehicles when he was alive, but I haven't recieved a thing. I don't understand why they have so much hatred for me, I was only 16 when my father died, and they were all in their 30's. But that's beside the point.

What I want to know is, if he named his ex wife or one of my sisters beneficiary, would I still be entitled to a portion being his daugter and all? And if he had no will, wasn't it susposed to be divided equally? Any help would be greatly appeciated.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back