need advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaybee

My friend got some traffic violations and other minor trouble with the law when she was 18 in CO. She thought she took care of all the violations before she joined the military. She was deployed to Iraq and asked me to get her MVR for her so she could renew her license in a different state. There is an outstanding judgment on her MVR so she asked me to research it for her. Apparently, she has an outstanding citation from 2005 for driving on a suspended license, defective vehicle, and no proof of insurance and now a warrant for failure to appear. She doesn't remember the citation but wants to take care of it. Should she get an attorney or is it something she can take care of "pro se"? Is there jail time for a first offense of driving on a suspended? If she decides to appear pro se when she returns from Iraq, can she just walk into the courthouse and ask for her case to appear on the docket that day or speak to a DA or will she have to post bail and wait for a court appearance? I only ask that because she has a limited time before she has to report back for duty in a different state.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back