Need Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

shocked1999

Hello! I am in urgent need of advice. Let me Explain my situation.

I recently acquired an internship to fulfill my requirements for College graduation. Well after 2 months, today I was brought into the office, and accused of things I had no part in, did not do, and had no knowledge of. I was terminated on the spot with no chance to plead my side of the story. To make matters worse, I acted respectfully, and even offered a handshake to the supervisor who accused me and wished her luck and she wouldn't even look me in the eyes, nor did she contest anything i said regarding my defense against the allegations against me.

Now I am afflicted with a Condition called "Vitilago" which you can read more about Here. http://www.vitiligosupport.org/ It is a condition that affects about 2% of the Worlds population that discolors the skin with white patches. I have a pretty bad case of it, was born that way, and roughly 30 to 40% of my body is afflicted with it including my face

during my interviews and what not I covered this condition. Its hard to deal with new people and social situations with this disorder around folks you do not know, and I didn't want false pretenses thought about me.

Well, I recently began to not cover it anymore, Since i was comfortable around these people and knew them, and I didn't wish to hide who I was anymore. Soon after, I noticed I was treated differently than the others, and it got the points that the bosses and whatnot wouldn't even say Hi to me anymore and became very distant.

Then I have this bomb dropped on me concerning all these "false" allegations against me. I truly believe I was discriminated against due to my rare condition and looking different than everyone else.

I don't want to sue them or go to court over all of this. That is not what I want. All I want is for them to give me my college credit for my internship, and not give me any type of bad reference out of all of this. That is all I want, im not a money hungry person.

i look at it like this, now any potential employer in my field of study will ask me about this and what am i supposed to say? that i "failed" at an internship, that is worse than having a felony on my record, and may even cost me my college graduation. On allegations that had no merit, and I truly believe my vitilago was used against me in a discriminatory manner

so my question is. should I write a respectful email to the head of their HR Department explaining this to them and let them conduct an internal investigation themselves and try to come to some sort of resolution to this whole mess(IE giving me my college credit, and agreeing not to bad mouth me) would that mess up anything for me if they don't agree from a legal stand point?

I just want to know what options I have and what is the best way to approach this situation, I would rather deal with them an their HR department in coming to a resolution to all this. I don't want my job back, because I was betrayed and I couldn't feel comfortable there again.

What Can I Do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back