Need advice Please<"URGENT">

Status
Not open for further replies.

tige

Hello, thankyou for taking the time to read this. My problem is with my ex-girlfriend, she has my son who is 8 yrs old which she denies me visitation with. Why, is beyond me as to maybe its cuz of her new husband. I have tried on numerous occassions to communicate with them and I am getting nowhere.She has allready lost custody of her other two boys due to illegal activity. I believe that they are dealing narcotics and other bad things may be taking place. I do not want to cause any more trauma to his life,but I must do something for him .I am not one too rat on anybody so what should I do? He is my son and I love him and hes deserves a better life than where he is! I any suggestions on what legal procedures I should take it would be deeply appreciatted! Thankyou

Do you have an order for visitation? Or child support? If you do have an order, you need to find out how to file for contempt of court for denial of visitation. If you don't have money for an attorney, try to contact your support office. They should be able to tell you how to file pro se (w/o an attorney). I would keep track how, when you try to make contact for visitation. You may want to contact an attorney on how to proceed with the illegal stuff she is doing. You may be able to use prior acts to gain custody of your son.

I'm not a lawyer but I would try to contact the CS office or find your state's guidelines on the internet.

Good Luck.

The big question is...has paternity been established?

If not then you need to establish paternity first to get any rights.

If paternity has been established and there is a court visitation schedule, then you can file contempt charges if she is refusing visitation. This is done by going down to the court house. You can do it yourself in their self help/law library section, or you can see an attorney.

Your best bet is to see an attorney but if you are good at filling out paperwork, you can do it yourself.

Let us know if paternity has been established and we can go from there.

If you believe they are dealing drugs you need to also tell the police. You have to have proof of such behavior before you can say they are doing it in court. Without proof, like an arrest, a judge will only think you're making it up to get custody or something. You could also contact Children and Families Services and report them. If she had other children taken away you might be able to get them to declare her unfit and win custody.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back