Need Advice On Collecting A Judgement, Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gods_Child

I recently was awarded a judgement in a Texas Justice of the Peace Court. How do I go about collecting the judgement? Any help would be appreciated. God bless

Ouch, sorry, but it'd take me numerous hours to explain that. Let's start with the basics. How much do you know about this person? Do you have his/her:

1. Social Security Number?

2. Checking or savings account info., or even the name of the bank(s)?

3. Name of employer?

4. Real property ownership info.?

5. Anything else as far as assets, etc.

Malibu Barbie said:
Ouch, sorry, but it'd take me numerous hours to explain that. Let's start with the basics. How much do you know about this person? Do you have his/her:

1. Social Security Number?

2. Checking or savings account info., or even the name of the bank(s)?

3. Name of employer?

4. Real property ownership info.?

5. Anything else as far as assets, etc.
Great answer. What will be helpful to you in the fact finding portion is to go to small claims to get an information subpoena with restraining order. This is the key to putting a restraint on someone's assets and preventing them from moving them once you've found them. It will also compel people to answer questions about where the person's assets may be located (you can read it or we'll put a sample up here.)

This site was founded due to the problem of collecting judgments from scofflaws after a legitimate case has been adjudicated. Hopefully we can help make this a simpler process than the complicated mess this area is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back