Need Advice On Being Falsley Accused

Status
Not open for further replies.

MUZAQMAN

Here is my situation......

My family and I live in an apartment of a house. we live on the second floor and another couple with their kids live on the first floor.

Lastnight when my wife and daughters got home from a softball game the kids from downstairs wrote slurs in the driveway with chalk. The slurs stated "WARNING LOSERS UPSTAIRS"! "LOSERS UPSTAIRS"! "UGLY!" and some other remarks about my oldest daughter.

Here is where the problem starts.....

I went downstairs and knocked on their door to find out exactly what happened and the oldest daughter (15) answered the door. when I proceeded to ask her why she did the writing (as she left her initials next to the comments, so I knew it was her) she got a huge attitude with me an kept yelling at me "ARE YOU KIDDING ME"? so after getting nowhere with that, I released a few choice words that I know I should not have. After leaving their door, her older brother comes running out apologizing for his sister's behavior. He (the older brother) stated to me " My sister is crazy! She has no respect for adults. I will talk to her and tell her to leave you guys alone. For some reason she does not like anyone in your family, I am sorry for her behavior"!

Now with that being said....

I get a call from my wife this morning and she said that the mother of the children knocked on our door at 9:30 this morning claiming that her daughter said that I had hit her in her arm. ( Oh, and she also mentioned something about me slamming a door a breaking one of her picture frames a few weeks back.)

So I went directly to the police department to file a harrasment complaint against the girl for falsley accusing me of hitting her and the police officer told me that he couldn't do that. Reason being that it would not make sense. ( I feel I need to cover myself on this)

I took photos of the slurs written in the driveway and even typed out a statement in regards to the events lastnight. I had my wife there as a witness and states clearly that I did not touch the girl. The officer said that I had sufficient back up if anything did come down.This all occured yesterday early evening.

My concern is, Can I get arrested for this if she decides to go to the police?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you

Q: My concern is, Can I get arrested for this if she decides to go to the police?

A: If you did something wrong you may get arrested.

Probbaly not. You had a witness and the girl is going to have to prove she was injured and you left a mark.

This whole thing has gotten out ofhand. Who is the Landlord here? I would be taking those pics of the writing on the sidewalk to the LL and ask that he do something about this, or you want him to releive you of your lease.

READ BELOW, DOES THIS MAKE SENSE?

After receiving a call from my wife this morning regarding the accusation that I had hit ***** lastnight in the arm, I proceeded to the **** County *** Precinct in NY at 11:30AM to file a harassment complaint. When speaking to Officer ****, who was sitting at the front desk, and explaining to him the situation, Officer **** stated to me that he would not be able to fill out a complaint form as one does not exist. Officer **** stated that "If someone robbed a bank and came here to fill out a complaint stating that he did not rob the bank, it just would not make any sense".
I then showed the officer a written statement and pictures of the slurs that were written. Officer **** then stated to me that "Even if you did punch her square in the face, that they would have to investigate it and with your wife being your witness through the whole issue, I would not have to worry about being arrested. I have enough proof to cover myself".

I then thanked the Officer and went back to work at 12:15pm.

When arriving home from work this evening at 5pm, my eldest daughter ******* told me that ****** sister *** came up to her at school today and apologized about her sister from yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back