need advice about Indiana deferral program

Status
Not open for further replies.

calchand

I got a ticket last night on Highway 37 in Johnson County. It is through the Greenwood, IN city court though. Anyway, the officer said that I was going 71 in a 55, and he wrote me a ticket for $140.00. First of all, $140.00 seems like a lot for 16 mph over the speed limit, but I don't think there is anything I can do about the price. Second of all, I need to know what I should do so that this ticket does not go on my insurance. I got into an accident last year and totaled my car and another car. It was my fault, so my insurance has gone up. I cannot afford a speeding ticket. What can I do, how do I go about doing it, and how much will it cost me? If anyone knows anything about Indiana laws I would love to know. My roomates all think that I should take it to court, but I am afraid the policeman will show up and then I will have to pay court fees plus my ticket, but on the other hand I think the price of the ticket is ridiculous! I am clueless, so if anyone has any advice I would greatly appreciate it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back