1. Free Legal Help, Legal Forms and Lawyers. TheLaw.com has been providing free legal assistance online since 1995. Our most popular destinations for legal help are below. It only takes a minute to join our legal community!

Dismiss Notice

Need a copyright lawyer

Discussion in 'Copyright, Trademark, Patent Law' started by microwebber, Oct 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. microwebber

microwebber Law Topic Starter New Member

Hi everyone,

I've been threatened with court action if I don't remove a program I wrote from the web.
    The jurisdiction is in Oregon US, Please contact me at yourkeylady@earthlink.net.

The program is at:
    http://beadoroma.com/bdm/composer/composer.php

The company objecting to my program is firemountaingems.com.

They are claiming I have stolen their ideas for a bead board.

Thankyou
    Tricia

2. charlesesq

charlesesq New Member

I'm sure you may have found one but you could always contact the people here. Unfortunately I can't see what you put up. Do note that while the company could be right, it is VERY frequent that companies will send out notices claiming all sorts of violations and more and they are nothing more than scare tactics, hoping to prevent you from eating into their sales. Unfortunately these are usually done in bad faith to scare those who would be fearful of potential litigation. I hope things work out.

3. mark3140

mark3140 New Member

copyright law

hello everyone i have a question and i would like someone to give me some answers if they can.

1. copyright is that a civil case or criminal case if one is accussed?

2.if the owner of a dog post his dogs picture on a public chat dog forum and another member of that same forum copied and pasted that same picture onto another public chat dog forum is that considered breaking the copyright law?

4. jumpmaster

jumpmaster New Member