neck injury

Status
Not open for further replies.

gonzo883

need some advice please? was in car accident over 1 yr ago,, result of the other persons neglegence,, herniated disc in neck and 3 bulging ,,, verified thru mri therapy ,, steiods injuction followed,, have not gotten better,,, continueing with headaches arm tingling,,ect,,, I have no ther history of any aliments , but my nueor Dr isn't saying that accident caused this? highly upset? 1st recommneded surgery then changed his mind? How will this effect settlement offer/? Has anyone been thru this? Do I need to get a second opoinion,, or just seek different treatment by myself?? decompression? chiroprator treatments? ,,,,thanks joe

What does your lawyer say? What does your insurance company say? If they haven't said anything yet, talk to them.

well lawyer says to get it fixed,but Dr needed to say it was a perminate injury and he didn't? so u see why i am confused and frustated,,,,

Your lawyer should get you a second opinion and do some research on the type of injury and treatment options.

Does anyone know whether a second opion will effect settlement when all is said and done? My lawyer seems to want me to stick with same doctor? but this isn't helping my condition any?

Settlements are based on knowledge, and more knowledge is always better. But whether a second opinion will help you get a better settlement depends on what the opinion says. Nobody here can predict that.

Medically, if you think your doctor's treatment is not helping and another doctor would be better, go see another doctor.

2nd opinion

I would seek a second opinion from another doctor to make sure the injury is not permanent. Although you should get some compensation for the medical bills.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back