Business Contracts NDA & contracts (exclusive jurisdiction and venue)

Status
Not open for further replies.

godity

We have this piece of a nondisclosure agreement and our contracts that states the following...

4.1 Governing Body.
This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Washington. Exclusive jurisdiction and venue shall be in the Clark County, Washington Superior Court.

One of my new clients is asking me to remove it. I'm not sure if I should. Here is what they said in their request to me...

"We took a look at the non-disclosure agreement. Everything generally looks great, buy my only hesitation is Terms and Conditions Paragraph 4.1. The one that states that jurisdiction and venue will always be in Washington. Obviously I don't think any of us seriously anticipate problems with the non-disclosure agreement, but we'd nonetheless prefer it if we equally shared the risks involved in a potential dispute. Would you be willing to cross that section out?"

Client is in California, whereas I am in Washington and conduct my business out of the state of Washington.

The client is waiting for me to get back to the, so I appreciate your advice. Thank you.

old thread-answering for reference purposes.

If you're not sure that it should be removed, run it by your legal dept. or a contract lawyer in your area for advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back