NC privacy & traffic violation

Status
Not open for further replies.

lilmslitigious

argh. argh argh. Moved here, didn't get a NC license. DOH. Bought a car, in maiden name (on all my id), dealership didn't tell me about nc inspection. DOH. I didn't ask and they didn't tell me about the 10-day limitation. Fast-forward 5 months, (fast being the operative word) bagged for speeding (73 in a 55, I honestly believed it was a 65), and nailed for the rest.

The DAY after, I received 3 letters from local lawyers. If this was any other company or situation, I'd have the right to sue for sharing my info. What about the letters and the state of NC for sharing my info? Is this standard? I'm furious about it -- I feel as though I've been put on some sex offender list or something and now I'm fodder for all the carrian catchers.

HELP please!

well, the two stupid tickets were dismissed. My penalty was having to deal with the total mayhem at the Wake County courthouse this morning. I feel bad for the people who go there who aren't literate! I am and English is my first language and had a hard time finding where to go!

the speeding ticket was reduced to 64 in a 55 which, according to the magistrate, won't effect my insurance. BOY do I hope he's right! He did say that 1 in 400 are audited by insurance companies. What does that mean, exactly? That I basically can't change insurance cos since my license info was already pulled and if I do switch, I get bagged??

How did these attorneys get hold of your personal information? Who shared your information? That's reprehensible.

freebird said:
How did these attorneys get hold of your personal information? Who shared your information? That's reprehensible.

Being personally there in NC, no, it's not reprehensible, they're fully within the law of NC. Had the same situation, got a ticket and then about 100 different offers for legal services. Well, my reaction at first was very similar to yours, but, it is very legal, can't remeber the exact specifics, but at any rate, through my Atty. that I obtained, I was able to show that my speedometer wasn't correctly calibrated, hence my speeding ticket was reduced to a non-moving violation. As for your insurance, it is true that unless you change policies or companies, they normally don't check your records to see whether or not they need to adjust your principal, guess he was trying to make you feel better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back