Nasty Family Battle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barracuda1574

Hello,

My sister passed away over a year ago and made my brother executor of her estate. Her husband died 1 1/2 years prior to her, both from cancer. There are 2 children, my nieces who under my sisters wished they were to live with my sister Kristine who lives in Maryland.

Once the in laws found out, than began harassing and threatening my sister in her hospice. They (the in-laws) got 2 of my eight siblings to file a lawsuit after they got a codicil 2 days before my sisters passing. They (the in-laws) funded the lawsuit but did not participate directly. My brother who was named executor took sides with the in-laws and went as for as to PAY the in-laws back for the attorney fees with the estate funds.

My sister who sued for the in-laws acted as if she wanted the children, but we believe that it was financially motivated. As soon as she could, with my brother's assistance, they drained my sisters estate of $200,000.00 in 3 months! My sister put extensions on her house, pool house and put 2 more rooms in, but moved her biological kids in the new area, leaving the orphans in the old rooms.

The court ordered a guardian en lighten? To see what is going on, then ordered my brother to give a detailed accounting of the estate. He did not and now must go before the Judge and the surrogate himself for the county will be there?

I believe that this is highly illegal and was wondering what could be done to the executor under these activities.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back