1. Free Legal Help, Legal Forms and Lawyers. TheLaw.com has been providing free legal assistance online since 1995. Our most popular destinations for legal help are below. It only takes a minute to join our legal community!

    Dismiss Notice

Name Change

Discussion in 'Other Family Law Matters' started by bchapin, Dec 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bchapin

    bchapin Law Topic Starter New Member

    Likes Received:
    Trophy Points:
    My daughter had a child with a man that she did not marry or live with. Paternity was established when he was one. She agreed to give the child his last name. He has only visited the child approx 80 hrs within a 6 yr period (40 of which was ordered in mediation two years ago). We will be going to court in 2008 for varies things. The child does not know him as a father and really does not know who he really is.

    Can my daughter change his last name without consent from the father?
    She resides in Texas with the child and he resides in Florida.

Share This Page

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.