N2pub

Dr. A

Jurisdiction
Texas
I am cancelling my contract with N2 publishing in Katy TX. The saleswoman said that I would get a lot of business from my ad in the neighborhood magazine. After 5 months not even one single enquiry. The contract is for one year.

I emailed the saleswoman and N2pub telling them that I am cancelling my contract half way into it. She offered my a buy out if I paid for three additional months but I refused. I told her I am willing to pay a $300 cancellation fee but that's about it. Then I got an email from N2 that the contract is not cancellable by the merchant and that they will continue publishing my ad. I told him that would be at their own expense and risk as this is my notice of cancellation until a small claims court makes a decision.

Now my question is, do I need to file a complaint with small claims or wait and see what they will do. And what do I expect that they will do?

Thanks

What does your contract say about cancellation?

And, by the way, what the salesperson "told" you is meaningless. What's in your contract counts and I'm guessing that the contract states that there are no guarantees that you will get business from the ad.

So what can I do other than not paying going forward? And what can they do other than refer it to collection agency to harass me into paying which I will not do. I understand that a default will stay on my credit record for a number of years, but I am willing to do that. By the way, the ad is for half page $800 with 7 remaining issues. The salesperson suggested that I pay three months as buyout but I refused and offered $300 as cancellation fee but they declined.

The way I look at it, either they accept a cancellation fee and that's $ in their hands, or employ scare tactics of referring it to collection agency and all that. But they will get nothing! So, I am calling them out, and will let the saleswoman know about this.

So what can I do other than not paying going forward? And what can they do other than refer it to collection agency to harass me into paying which I will not do. I understand that a default will stay on my credit record for a number of years, but I am willing to do that. By the way, the ad is for half page $800 with 7 remaining issues. The salesperson suggested that I pay three months as buyout but I refused and offered $300 as cancellation fee but they declined.

The way I look at it, either they accept a cancellation fee and that's $ in their hands, or employ scare tactics of referring it to collection agency and all that. But they will get nothing! So, I am calling them out, and will let the saleswoman know about this.

The ONLY two surefire ways to stop THEM from harassing you is to file a Chapter 7 bankruptcy or your relocation to another country.

However, you do appear to reside in Texas.

Very few personal debt suits are successful in Texas.

Texas is one of the three most debtor friendly states in entire USA.

Actually, Texas is number one, TN, and FL are the other two.

Thanks, will not do either. They can harass me all they want... one thing though, they start harassing me, and I will start advertising all the complaints against them, and the scamming tactics they employ. I can even advertise that on the community FB pages. And by the way, I already shared a link of this thread with the saleswoman, and I just hope she is reading it!

Thanks, will not do either. They can harass me all they want... one thing though, they start harassing me, and I will start advertising all the complaints against them, and the scamming tactics they employ. I can even advertise that on the community FB pages. And by the way, I already shared a link of this thread with the saleswoman, and I just hope she is reading it!

Its NEVER wise to start bad mouthing anyone, especially a SCAMMER.

Just be happy there's a way out of this mess, and use this as an advanced course in the Graduate College of Life's Lessons!

Thanks, but at least it might prevent another person from making the same mistake. I understand that I will not gain anything, but if they will put a default on credit report, I will badmouth them all I can. The only way I would not do that if they reach out to me, and offer a reasonable settlement, I offered $300 cancellation fee. Thanks again.

Thanks, but at least it might prevent another person from making the same mistake. I understand that I will not gain anything, but if they will put a default on credit report, I will badmouth them all I can. The only way I would not do that if they reach out to me, and offer a reasonable settlement, I offered $300 cancellation fee. Thanks again.

Be careful, very careful, what you're promoting could be considered a violation of the criminal laws.

Not sure if this was covered previously, but unless you cancelled under the terms set out in any written agreement, or at a minimum did so in writing, then you didn't cancel and can be held responsible to pay. Phone calls are never the best way to go.

Back