My wife hid my motorcycle

Status
Not open for further replies.

dstapleton

I left my wife about 5 months ago and all I took with me was two suitcases of clothes. I filed for divorce a month ago. My wife is a homemaker and I was the professional business man. When my wife was served with the divorce papers she took my brand new motorcycle and hid it from me and said that her lawyer advised her to do that. The bike is in my name, I am still making the payments on it, and still paying for the insurance. She absolutely refuses to disclose the whereabouts of my bike. Is there anything I can do?

Send her a demand letter stating that she has, without your will or authority, taken custody of your bike and that she told you that her attorney advised her to keep it hidden from you. You may wish to state that she will be responsible for any and all damages that result from your inability to use the bike which you are currently making payments, including damages and depreciation.

You may want to report a theft to the police and file a report. It was taken from where you last placed it on your property and your wife removed it and has it in an unknown location. You may have to insist that the police take a report... and they should.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back