My Supervisor telling lies about me to another supervisor to motivate

Status
Not open for further replies.

lqdtech

I am a production manager who was accused of saying something derogitory about one of my supervisors. This lie came from from the general manager, who is my superior. The supervisor confronted me about it and is truly hurt by what he has heard. What the general manager said hurt his feeling and reputation and now I am in the middle of this. I never said what was brought forward and it will significantly effect the way we work together and possibly the way other supervisors will react with me in the workplace. What action can I take with this. I have already confronted the general manager about this incident and he told me he lied to try and motivate this supervisor, but it was at my expense. Please help!!! Thank You:confused:

I have already confronted the general manager about this incident and he told me he lied to try and motivate this supervisor, but it was at my expense. Good grief. That is just about the worst motivation technique I've ever heard of. Your GM is an idiot.

Legally, you have no recourse if that's what you're asking. The GM put words in your mouth but that's not against the law nor have you suffered the type of "damages" that would make your situation actionable. What you want to do about this something only you can decide, based on the people involved. Options include:

1. Ask the GM to talk to your supervisor and explain that he made the whole thing up in an extremely ill-advised attempt to motivate him.

2. Tell your supervisor the GM made the whole thing up and why. (I can't guarantee this won't get you in trouble with the GM though.)

3. Go to someone in more senior management above the GM and ask them to intervene (there are obviously pros and cons to doing this.)

4. Do nothing and hope the situation works itself out.

You're in a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" pickle through absolutely no fault of your own. That's a lousy situation for you but nobody violated any laws.

LYING GM

I AM SURE THAT THE REMARKS HURT YOUR CREDIBILITY TREMENDOUSLY. HOWEVER, I WOULD USE THE CHAIN OF COMMAND AND ATTEMPT TO CALL A MEETING WITH ALL THE PARTIES INVOLVED. AIR OUT ALL THE DIRTY LAUNDRY THERE AMONGST EACH OTHER, AND PUT AN END TO THE MADNESS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back