My Story

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rathi

First post here, hope to get a little help, thanks in advance if so.

:( Well, like many others, I have 2 children with a woman I was never married too. The second was only born in May. We have never had any sort of legal agreement, or court "ordered" arrangements. While it's not much, I have been paying $100.00/month per child, as well as covering all health-care costs, and buying clothes, diapers, etc. from time to time.1
The deal that began with the first child being born, had been that I could pretty much get him whenever I wanted, but I usually would pick him up Saturday, and return him Sunday evening. I haven't excersised the same rights with the second son, because of his age, yet. I recently got married, to a great woman, and that's where my hell has began.
It seems that she has this huge power-trip anymore, telling me when, how, if, and so on. My wife and I have both bent over backwards to do as she says, but still every week I get harm filled emails stating that I don't do anything to help my kids, etc.
The most recent has stated that I should get some court documents soon, as she has taken the whole thing to court, and wants the custody, and I know very much, the money, to be decided legally.
My question is this....... Will it even be worth my time to try and get full custody of my children?? I know I could get partial, but then I get to pay extreme amounts of money for the priveledge. I have a pretty good job, which I've worked hard to get, while she gets to lay back and enjoy my income. I don't agree with the legal system in that aspect at all.
I love these guys to no end, but I can't take these power trips much longer. I'm almost at an end, and not sure what to do. I've considered giving up paternal rights, just to get this bit** outta my life. I don't want to do that, but I often think it would be better for my sons to not see all this going on. I just want them to be happy children, and I've already taken some of that away by not giving them the family I'd like too.
Sorry about the sobbing life-story, I'm just frustrated bad right now. Again, thx for any help.

I don't think you have any choice in the matter. With regard to the most important issues in your life, it is ALWAYS best to have contracts/agreements in writing. With regard to children, you will likely need to obtain the approval of the court. I'm not sure you have any other choice or else continue to hope that the ex acts reasonably and realizes the repercussions of her acts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back