Alcohol & Drugs: MIP, MIC, Intoxication my son was arrested at school for possession of controlled substance-PLEASE HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dave320

he is 19 and is a senior. He had some Adderall that was prescribed to him a few years ago and tried to sell pills for $2 each, and someone notified the teacher. He was arrested and is in County jail( Illinois) at the moment with arraignment tomorrow morning at 930. I have no idea what to expect since this was on school grounds. he has a learning disabilty and is in LD classes, however he does know right from wrong. H ehas never been arrested before. From what I understand, they are trying to get him to be a narc in exchange for a low bond. He is very afraid of course that if he becomes a narc that someone will find out and physically harm him, but he also does not want to be in jail instead. We really need some advice on what to expect and how to proceed. I havent got a lawyer this happened late in the day. Should he get the public defender? plead not guilty to bind some time? please guide me!! Thanks

Dave

Yes, he should plead not guilty.

He should say nothing, until he speaks with his lawyer. If you can't afford to hire him a lawyer, he can ask the court to appoint one to represent him.

Sounds like you should probably get a lawyer. In my opinion, this is a very complicated issue.

I hope all works out well though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back