My school is problematic and I can't get my degree.

Maxlancaster

Jurisdiction
Wisconsin
I've run into a problem with my choice of college. I was enrolled at The Art Instiute of Wisconsin pursuing a bachelors degree. In late 2014 I suffered injuries from a major car accident. Because of this I had to withdraw for the winter quarter. I was well enough in the spring to resume classes. Things started going wrong in the summer. When I went to sign up for classes I was told my financial aid was gone. I was aware that this would happen, and I also had over $4000 in scholarships and grants. What they neglected to tell me was that by withdrawing in the winter I was now being treated as a new student and my grants were no longer available to me. I also had my GI Bill but that alone wouldn't cover the remaining costs. I was told to pay roughly $700 a month or I would face dis enrollment. Even if I had the money this location is closing and has engaged a teach out. Most of the instructors have already left leaving few who have the qualifications to teach the remaining courses. I had one year left, and honestly I feel scammed. I learned The Art Institute has been sued for fraud. If I decide to sue them as well how should I go about doing so? I feel like I've wasted time and if they can answer for it they should.
Thank you for your time.

The only way for you to know is to discuss your situation with three or four licensed attorneys in your county.

You can also voice your concerns to the VA.

I won't poison your well with anything more except to say, you need to hear the truth from a licensed WI attorney.

I hope your recovery from your accident is going well.

Good luck.

Back