My Sales Contract lists add ons expressetch @$495.&Car alarm @$595.

Rob G

Jurisdiction
California
New Kia dealership sold Me new Kia soul 2016 Kept their promised Low price I Truecar affiliated . I had $1980.00equity in my trade and also qualified for 0 down and Kia finance of 1.9%. All looked good ? too good . hours of arguing with the f& I guy as he tried to sell me extended Warranty ,Gap Ins , telling Me that because 0 down The finance co would require it.. and It would be eligible for auto ins discount . he had me captive as I kept arguing that none of the Etch (#'s stenciled on the side window LOL that would almost guarantee return in the event that car was stolen. last He pitched a a bad pitch about a car alarm. Hours went by I was getting mad and he coached me into a pity buy . and finally said that these add ons were already equipped on the car and I had no choice . Well within 3 days it was determined that There never was a etch trac device or car alarm install on this vehicle mean while he fudged it through the finance. it was christmas week ever body was off I call kia finance and tried to halt the added $1895.00 charges that reflected That this costly added expense was bogus.. I have been trying to recover the credit and they just B s me so I am thinking Small claims. The issue is if they have committed fraud on my finance agreement they acted in bad faith and they must be responsible at some level for misconduct aren't they agents of DMV ? this is serious. I don't want them to continue this practice and I feel I should be credited +tax'es I paid and interest charges, and my legal fee's.

You agreed to it. I would have walked out and gone to another dealership.

No, the dealership is not an agent of the DMV.

I don't know what "etch trac" is. As far as I can figure, you're talking about VIN etching which marks the vehicle identification number in the vehicle glass with acid. It is cheap and quick to do but it hardly guarantees that the car will be "returned" if stolen, although the Kia Soul is hardly a hot car on any most stolen list I have ever seen.

So it sounds like your issue is the lack of an alarm. It also doesn't sound like you tried speaking to anyone in charge at the dealership about the issue.

If you paid for these things and did not receive then then they are certainly owed to you, but you are not owed a refund or a modification of the contract. Have you talked to the dealer about providing these things as agreed?

I would have walked out and gone to another dealership.

I HAVE walked out of dealerships many times when they started that crap. Last time I picked up the papers, folded them up and put them in my pocket. The salesman said "You can't take that" and had a look of horror on his face like I was raping his wife. I said "Watch me" and kept walking. It was very satisfying getting one up on those swine.

You agreed to it. I would have walked out and gone to another dealership.

No, the dealership is not an agent of the DMV.

I don't know what "etch trac" is. As far as I can figure, you're talking about VIN etching which marks the vehicle identification number in the vehicle glass with acid. It is cheap and quick to do but it hardly guarantees that the car will be "returned" if stolen, although the Kia Soul is hardly a hot car on any most stolen list I have ever seen.

So it sounds like your issue is the lack of an alarm. It also doesn't sound like you tried speaking to anyone in charge at the dealership about the issue.

Thank You for Your Imput. New/used Car dealerships are issued state authorization to pledge that they will accurately record sales transactions.state taxes collected,, to abide by the strict rules of department of Motor vehicles to transfer ownership and legal titles, there is usually one dealership employee that has the authority to to sign the multitudes of temporary registrations and dozens of other milage and statement of facts that immediately become records of the state. All the Car salesman are required to display their licenses, Not their driver's licenses but they have o apply and have a background clearance before they are issued state license's to sell automobiles they look exactly like driver's licenses but but they must be displayed at the dealership where the customers have ez access to view them.
Yes I have left messages with 2 of the finance managers and one with the general manager , no return messages were ever received by me. I have formal complaints both from the bbb and consumer action group.. Interesting there is a response from the dealer on the bbb site that says they will reimburse Me for the Car alarm ? But again they did not stand By their words.
I am preparing a legal letter of demand if I don't get any results I will file small claims. The finance guy knew that there were no dealer installed Car alarm or that etch glass recovery package added to this car. because I brought this car at below dealer cost this was his only strategy to make a commission It's a shame that these salesman have to resort to shoving these worthless over priced alarms and GPS trackers to make a few dollars. The owner should should give these hard working guys a few more commendable add on's like tinted windows, seat covers , pin strips anything creative I am sure i would have brought something to enhance my most common car on the road just a little more unique
This dealership is 140 miles away. I should play nice go in person an shmoozee and approach my complaint as humanly as possible. again thank you it is always nice to have a different perspective

Phone calls to the dealership won't get far.
In most matters there is a better chance of resolving the issue if you go to the place of business and discuss the problem. At minimum your correspondence should be in writing sent via mail.
This doesn't have much to do with salesmen anymore.
I suggest you go to the dealership and calmly work things out.

I HAVE walked out of dealerships many times when they started that crap. Last time I picked up the papers, folded them up and put them in my pocket. The salesman said "You can't take that" and had a look of horror on his face like I was raping his wife. I said "Watch me" and kept walking. It was very satisfying getting one up on those swine.

That's one I will remember. Thanks. LMFAO

Thank You for Your Imput. New/used Car dealerships are issued state authorization to pledge that they will accurately record sales transactions.state taxes collected,, to abide by the strict rules of department of Motor vehicles to transfer ownership and legal titles, there is usually one dealership employee that has the authority to to sign the multitudes of temporary registrations and dozens of other milage and statement of facts that immediately become records of the state. All the Car salesman are required to display their licenses, Not their driver's licenses but they have o apply and have a background clearance before they are issued state license's to sell automobiles they look exactly like driver's licenses but but they must be displayed at the dealership where the customers have ez access to view them.
Yes I have left messages with 2 of the finance managers and one with the general manager , no return messages were ever received by me. I have formal complaints both from the bbb and consumer action group.. Interesting there is a response from the dealer on the bbb site that says they will reimburse Me for the Car alarm ? But again they did not stand By their words.
I am preparing a legal letter of demand if I don't get any results I will file small claims. The finance guy knew that there were no dealer installed Car alarm or that etch glass recovery package added to this car. because I brought this car at below dealer cost this was his only strategy to make a commission It's a shame that these salesman have to resort to shoving these worthless over priced alarms and GPS trackers to make a few dollars. The owner should should give these hard working guys a few more commendable add on's like tinted windows, seat covers , pin strips anything creative I am sure i would have brought something to enhance my most common car on the road just a little more unique
This dealership is 140 miles away. I should play nice go in person an shmoozee and approach my complaint as humanly as possible. again thank you it is always nice to have a different perspective

Have you gone there in person to talk to them? You said this was over Christmas...perhaps you should go and talk to them. They have to provide those things that you paid for.

Back