My nieces & nephews need help fast

Bunny01

Jurisdiction
Alabama
Hi,
I have been reading these forums and doing a lot of research! My sister has 4 children. 3 girls (9,7) and son (4).
Her son has not seen a pediatrician since he was released from the hospital after birth. They've had one home their entire life and it lasted approximately 3 months. They were evicted for non payment & this is after my husband and I loaned (gave) them money to pay rent. They moved to a motel room after being evicted then after getting into trouble with the police they moved back to their hometown. They're living in a motel there also. They are in desperate need of a dentist and not only that she sent them to school with the flu! My parents are so worried that it's causing health problems and I'm worried also. This is not me trying to be a bad sister and taking my sisters children because I have selfish intentions. My husband and I have 2 children, we have almost raised them and looking forward to an empty nest soon. But I can't lay my head down at night knowing they don't have mess when they're sick, or a dentist when their teeth hurt! I really don't know what to do?? I have talked to her about letting them stay just until they're on their feet. She said she didn't know? What kind of answer is that?
Please just need good advice
Sincerely,
A worried aunt

If things are as bad as you say, your only choice at this time is to do as zddoodah says and call the county's DHR hotline.

Agreed. Child services will investigate the situation and will take actionon anywhere they can. This does not mean the children will be removed from their mothers care, but that they will be provided the services and assistance they need.
From what you describe it is what is needed.

Hi,
I have been reading these forums and doing a lot of research! My sister has 4 children. 3 girls (9,7) and son (4).
Her son has not seen a pediatrician since he was released from the hospital after birth. They've had one home their entire life and it lasted approximately 3 months. They were evicted for non payment & this is after my husband and I loaned (gave) them money to pay rent. They moved to a motel room after being evicted then after getting into trouble with the police they moved back to their hometown. They're living in a motel there also. They are in desperate need of a dentist and not only that she sent them to school with the flu! My parents are so worried that it's causing health problems and I'm worried also. This is not me trying to be a bad sister and taking my sisters children because I have selfish intentions. My husband and I have 2 children, we have almost raised them and looking forward to an empty nest soon. But I can't lay my head down at night knowing they don't have mess when they're sick, or a dentist when their teeth hurt! I really don't know what to do?? I have talked to her about letting them stay just until they're on their feet. She said she didn't know? What kind of answer is that?
Please just need good advice
Sincerely,
A worried aunt

If you did your research you would know all you can do is call CPS. Legally that's all you can do. Also stop giving her money.

Back